Cabergoline 0.5 mg Tablet is a prescription drug used for the treatment of disorders such as unwanted breast milk production, missed periods, enlarged breasts. It also treats decreased sexual ability in men, caused by the presence of very high levels of a hormone called prolactin (hyperprolactinemia) in the body. It happens when the pituitary gland makes extra prolactin due to hormone problems or by the presence of a tumor. The medication only available as a Cabergoline generic tablet is an ergot medication and works by blocking the release of prolactin in the pituitary gland.
One can buy Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet at relevant online drug stores when they have a prescription form a doctor. The Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet price is around $60.50. However, the price depends on the pharmacy one buys and the discounts offered.
Dosage And Direction of Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet
The most common dose is to take the Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet two times a week or as directed by the doctor. One can take the drug with or without food, and the doctor may start the patient with a low initial dose, which should be slightly increased over several months, depending on one’s response to treatment and the medical condition.
To ensure safe and effective use of the drug, one should take the following precautions when taking the Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet:
- The doctor should be informed of any past or present medical conditions such as of liver disease, heart valve disease, high blood pressure, abnormal scarring or thickening of the lining in the lungs, heart, and behind the abdomen.
- The doctor should know of any allergic reaction to any other ergot medication before taking the drug.
- One should avoid activities that may require mental alertness, such as driving and operating machinery, as the medicine can cause dizziness and drowsiness. Other substances like marijuana, cigarettes, and alcohol may also increase the above symptoms and should be avoided.
- Taking the Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet during pregnancy or when breastfeeding should only be taken after discussing the risks and benefits that may occur.
- Before any surgery or dental operation, one should inform the doctor they are under the Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet.
Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet is contraindicated to people below 18 years of age and those with conditions such as significant uncontrolled high blood pressure, heart valve disease, pulmonary fibrosis, retroperitoneal fibrosis, and severely increased blood pressure and edema during pregnancy. One should check with their health care provider for all the conditions, including allergies.
Possible Side Effects of Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet
The following side effects of Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet may occur while taking the drug:
- Stomach upset
- Persistent cough
- Mood changes
- Vision changes
- Breast pain
- Symptoms of heart failure such as trouble breathing and swelling of ankles or feet
- Chest pain
- Signs of kidney failure, such as lower back pain.
Other symptoms may manifest, and one should contact the doctor for any discomfort due to them.
Some medicines, such as azole antifungals, cobicistat, HIV protease inhibitors, among others, may affect how the Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet works by lowering their effectiveness. Other products may interact with the drug, such as antipsychotic medications, lorcaserin, metoclopramide, and prochlorperazine. However, one may not know how a particular drug or herbal product may interact with the medicine and also one should inform the doctor first before combining medicines.
One should take the Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet at regular times and carry the drug when traveling to avoid missing a dose because for the medicine to work well, a certain amount needs to be in the body at all times. However, if one misses a dose, they should take it immediately before it’s almost time for the next dose. During the next dose, they should continue with their regular prescribed dose without adding a pill.
When one has taken more than the recommended dose of Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet, they may manifest symptoms such as dizziness, fainting, hallucination, or trouble breathing. The poison control center in their local area should be contacted immediately for emergency assistance.
One should always make sure to store Cabergoline 0.5 mg tablet at room temperature and away from children.
People also search for Aygestin 5 mg tablet